Lincoln Housing Charities
Lincoln Housing Charities was created in July 2002 to operate as non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization. It’s purpose is to provide and/or procure a variety of family and individual services and support activities in association with the Lincoln Housing Authority. The Board members of Lincoln Housing Authority serve as the Board for Lincoln Housing Charities.
Since its inception, Lincoln Housing Charities has supported LHA and its tenants in a number of ways.
- > Grants to support participants in the Family Self-Sufficiency Program
- > Fund-raising for a new van for Burke Plaza, Mahoney Manor, and Crossroads House
- > Grants to support the Friends with Food and Expanding Horizons programs at Carol Yoakum Family > > > Resource Center
- > Memorial Funds to benefit tenants at Burke Plaza, Mahoney Manor and Crossroads House.
- > Grants to support the RentWise Program
- > Fund-raising for the Arnold School Community Learning Center where LHA is the lead agency
- > Grants to support the development and operation of the RentWise Program
- > Participation in the Truckloads of Help Program at the Center for People in Need