Nebraska Telephone Assistance Program
The Nebraska Telephone Assistance Program (NTAP) assists qualifying low-income individuals with keeping telephone services affordable by lowering monthly service rates. Individuals can qualify for NTAP by participating in Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Kid's Connection (SAM, MAC, or EMAC), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Low-Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP), National School Lunch Program Free Lunch Program, Federal Public Housing, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or if household income is at or below 135 percent of the poverty level.
What is NTAP?
- NTAP assists qualifying low-income individuals with obtaining and keeping telephone service by lowering monthly service.
- NTAP reduces the cost of local telephone service up to $12.75 per month. The discount will appear as a credit on your monthly telephone bill. No cash or checks will be distributed. The telephone bill must be in the name of, or contain the name of, the applicant.
Who is eligible for NTAP?
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplement Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Childrens Health Insurance Programs (Kids Connection, SAM, MAC & EMAC)
- National School Lunch Program FREE Lunch Program
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Income at or below 135% of poverty level
How do I apply or receive an application?
To apply for NTAP, complete an application form online at https://ntap.gisworkshop.com and provide proof of eligibility (as directed on the application)
- Telephone the Nebraska Public Service Commission at: 402-471-3101 (Lincoln);(800) 526-0017 (Nebraska Only), or
- Mail request to:
- PO Box 94927
- Lincoln, NE 68509-4927